Saturday, March 9, 2024

Collecting Shells

 

Hi! I have a confession to make... I'm wintering in Florida in my CAMPER and I'm trying to do my projects from this tiny space with the supplies that I brought with me. Whew. I'm glad that's out! Lol! With that being said, I DID get to a beach and collected some shells, and I had these tiny jars that I keep them in. Of course I had to upcycle it with great product from                  The Robin's Nest.

I had some modeling material and a silicone mold for lacey borders

I chose one of the smaller borders because this is a fairly small jar. I've had mine for years, but I know the hobby stores carry small glass jars all the time. The modeling material can be pushed into the mold, then the excess removed with a sharp blade.

Each border piece needs removed quickly and placed around the jar to dry. They do shrink a little, and I left mine to dry a couple days. If you take them off too early they shrink more and then break when you try to put them back on the jar. Don't ask me how I know!!!

So after they're good and dry, they can be removed from the jar and painted.

I painted with an acrylic paint and then used glitter paint over the top of the color. The painted borders can then be put back onto the jar.

I then chose the Dew Drops and the Dew Dew Glue to apply the bling!

I evenly spaced the Dew Drops between the two borders, and the project is complete.

Can't forget the shells!

Thanks for joining me today!

No comments: