Saturday, February 10, 2024

Wood Block Decor


 

Hi there! Today I have a cute decor project for The Robin's Nest. Just grab a few basic supplies and we're off!

I took a 2x4 and cut it into 6 pieces ranging from 5 to 7 inches in length.

I painted them with two coats of some leftover off-white paint.

I lined them up in a pleasing manner, then outlined the word LOVE on the center blocks. I used a straight line in an attempt to duplicate a font something like the old Tinker Toy font. We'll be putting paper over it later and adding the dew drops.

I chose some Metallic Dew Drops and some magenta paint to get started.

I punched out some paper hearts to use on the two end pieces of wood.

It worked really well to cut the strips of paper into 1/4 inch wide strips. It was the perfect size for the dew drops to fit on. After gluing the paper down, add the dew drops on each intersection to create the "tinker toy" look. I distressed the edges of the wood blocks with sandpaper and added some teal dew drops for accent color.

I finished by brushing each letter with a glitter pen to add some shimmer.

I added some jute twine around each piece to add a rustic look. All in all, a cute project to display! Thanks for stopping by today!

No comments: