Saturday, January 13, 2024

Embossed Key Chain

 Hi! Debb here, with my first post for The Robin's Nest Creative! Today I made for you an awesome key chain using a few supplies and the amazing Dew Drops by The Robin’s Nest.

I started with a package of wooden key tags and used a 3D Leather-look embossing folder. I also had some foundry wax on hand to give the “leather” some color and shine.

I embossed plain gray paper to use on the keychain.

I applied a thin layer of glue and put the embossed paper on it. I then gently trimmed the paper off around the wooden shape. I used a hole punch tool to punch out the hole at the top of the tag. I then repeated the process for the other side.

I lightly applied a coat of Foundry Wax to bring out the texture of the leather embossing.

Now the fun part… deciding which Dew Drops to use! I chose the Dark Vanilla Dew Drops.

Using the dew dew glue, I applied one dot at each intersection, then applied the dew drops.

And here’s the finished “leather” look key chain! What a fun project, and so easy with just a few supplies and Dew Drops! Thanks for joining me today!

 

No comments: