Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Lady Gift Bag

Today is the new challenge over at Decorate to Celebrate. I have created a gift bag from a retired file called "Day at the Races". Sorry, I didn't know it was retired until I started to create this post. There are some usable ideas to take away from this item, though! I used a teal ink pad to brush the edges of the flower, then spritzed with water and used my embossing tool to curl the edges up before I put this pretty peony flower together.
I finished off the silhouette with some bling around the lady's neck.

The ribbon was covered with my new Wink of Stella which created a LOVELY glimmer look. And the bit of bling on the inside of the peony added another shiny touch.
This was really fun and quick. Create your own project and join our challenge!
Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

Beth F. said...

A gorgeous project! I don't think A Day At the Races is actaully retired, Mike is probably reworking it so it can be compatible with all cutting machines. I would love it if you would share this on the SVG Attic Facebook page!

scraphappenswithrhonda said...

this is just beautiful love love it. hugs

Patti Hodder said...

What a beautiful project. Thanks for sharing

Norma said...

Oh WOW! this is such a gorgeous gift bag, beautiful!! TFS
Hugs,
Norma

Lilian said...

That is so pretty! I love the papers and silhouette!
Lilian